- Critical Program Analysis of the Impact Canada Fund – Getting Off-Diesel Initiative from Natural Resources Canada. Dr. Derek Kornelsen, University of Manitoba and Dr. Heather Castleden, Queen’s University
- Reducing Diesel Dependency in NunatuKavut – NunatuKavut Community Council and the exploration of reducing diesel dependency in NunatuKavut communities. Dr. Debbie Martin, Dalhousie University
- Renewable Energy Initiatives in Tobique First Nation. Assist the community in negotiating and understanding energy agreements with governmental power authorities, and assist in developing an integrated community approach to renewable energy. Diana Lewis, PhD (ABD), Dalhousie University
- Fostering Reconciliation in the Collaborative Environmental Planning Initiative through a Two-Eyed Seeing approach to protect the Bras d’Or Lakes watershed in Unama’ki/Cape Breton. Dr. Emily Root, Cape Breton University.
- Visioning to a Solar City by T’Sou-ke Nation is their journey to becoming a solar leader through community visioning, current and future opportunities for sustainability, and how these lessons can be shared broadly. Dr. Hannah Tait Neufeld, University of Guelph.
- Implementing Indigenous and Western Knowledge Systems in the Experimental Lakes Area by assessing institutional readiness at the International Institute of Sustainable Development and capacity for reconciliation with local Indigenous peoples and communities. Dr. Heather Castleden, Queen’s University.
- Engaging Youth Leaders in Conversations in Renewable Energy in urban centres through a partnership with the National Association of Friendship Centres. Dr. Jeff Masuda, Queen’s University.
- Using Run-of-River Hydro in Biigitigong Nishnabeg to achieve economic, social, and cultural goals for environmental repossession. Dr. Chantelle Richmond, Western University.
We will be updating each project as details are solidified. For further information, please see the project-specific page above (if available), or contact any of the Principal Investigators associated with specific projects for further details. You may also contact the Program Coordinator, Mr. Robert Stefanelli (email@example.com) or Program Lead, Dr. Heather Castleden (firstname.lastname@example.org).